By making a booking at The Cottages at Lake Hayes, you agree to these Terms and Conditions.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully.
1.1 The Cottages at Lake Hayes includes Alta, Luna, Hayes, Hope and Moke cottages (“The Property”)
1.2 You: all future, current or past guests of The Cottages at Lake Hayes and agents booking on behalf of guests.
2 RATES & INCLUSIONS
2.1 Rates include 15% GST (if any)
2.2 Rates are quoted in New Zealand dollars ($NZD)
2.3 Rates are charged on a per night basis
2.4 Rates are subject to confirmation at the time of reservation and subject to all payments being paid by due dates.
2.5 All credit card payments incur a 3% credit card fee
2.6 Maximum of 4 guests per cottage for The Cottages
2.7 No pets or animals are allowed as The Cottages are situated on a working farm
2.8 Check-in is at 3pm and Check-out is at 10am
2.9 Inclusions: the following are included in each guest stay for exclusive-use bookings
• On-site property manager to attend to any issues/queries with regard to the use of the cottages during your stay. Additional requests of the manager beyond one hour a day will be charged at NZD50 plus GST per hour
• Welcome pack including pantry staples
• Wood for fires (the wood fires must not be left unattended at anytime, and fireguards must be used at all times)
• WiFi, Sky and smart TV.
3 RESERVATION & CANCELLATION POLICY
3.1 Booking confirmation: 30% non-refundable deposit to secure a booking at The Cottages. Payment is by credit card or bank transfer only and all charges must be covered by the guest
3.2 Final payment: final payment is required 30 days prior to the reservation check in date. Payment is by credit card or bank transfer only and all charges must be covered by the guest
3.3 We reserve the right to change your booked/allocated cottage to another cottage of the same or higher per night value
• If a reservation is cancelled 30 or less days prior to the reservation check in date, 100% of the total cost will be charged for every night cancelled
• If a reservation is cancelled between the date of booking confirmation and 31 days prior to the reservation check in date, the 30% non-refundable deposit shall be retained
3.5 A reservation cannot be transferred to another guest or another period
3.6 There is no refund if guests vacate early
3.7 COVID-19 Related
• Should your place of residence, or Queenstown, be impacted by a Government enforced lockdown which restricts you from leaving your place of residence or coming to Queenstown, then you can request a credit for the fully paid value of your accommodation towards a future booking within 12 months or a full refund of the accommodation value paid
• Does not include flight cancellations due to other events such as weather, airline operational requirements or other guest or family health issues. We strongly recommend you take comprehensive travel insurance to protect your holiday investment.
4 CANCELLATION BY US
4.1 If you do not pay the deposit or the requested amounts by the dates that they are due, your reservation will not be confirmed and we will be entitled to terminate the tentative booking and retain any amounts paid to us
4.2 COVID-19 Related
• Should your place of residence, or Queenstown, be impacted by a Government enforced lockdown which restricts you from leaving your place of residence or coming to Queenstown, then we can cancel your reservation without penalty and a full refund of the accommodation value paid will be made.
4.3 We reserve the right to cancel the booking up to 90 days prior to the check-in date and refund all monies paid to date, if the cottage that has been booked has been sold, and the new owner is not prepared to honour the booking, and we are unable to reallocate the booking to another cottage.
5 SECURITY DEPOSIT
5.1 Guests are required to pay a security deposit equivalent to one nights stay prior to check in
5.2 There will be a post stay inspection within 24 hours of your check out
5.3 You agree that we are entitled to debit the security deposit to cover any costs incurred such as the repair of any damage to the cottages, missing items belonging to the cottages, excessive cleaning, rubbish removal and additional staff hours incurred as a result of your stay. These costs will be at the reasonable discretion of management
5.4 The balance security deposit will be refunded to you within 30 days of check out, subject to finalisation of any costs with regard to repair or replacement. If the costs in are in excess of the security deposit, the guest will be required to pay all additional monies due within 7 days.
6 ON SITE ACTIVITIES
6.1 Events at The Cottages at Lake Hayes or use as a venue requires our express prior authorisation in writing and may incur an additional fee. If authorisation is not secured, guests will be asked to leave immediately and there will be no refund for the remainder of the stay or of the security deposit
6.2 Permission is required for guests’ visitors (i.e. guests not named on the registration form) to access The Property. If permission is not requested or given, guests will be asked to leave The Property immediately and there will be no refund for the remainder stay, or of the security deposit.
6.3 We respect our guests privacy during their stay, however the site manager may inspect The Property at any time with a minimum of 2 hours notice. Such notice may be provided verbally or by phone message.
7 THREEPWOOD FARM
7.1 The Property is part of a working farm. As such, the farm is out of bounds for all guests except the farm track that goes up Slopehill. During lambing season, this track may be closed.
8 YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
8.1 You may not accommodate more than 4 guests, nor may you accommodate anyone not named on the guest registration form that guests are to complete prior to arrival at The Cottages
8.2 You are responsible for the cost of repairing any damaged or missing furniture, fixtures and fittings on The Property
8.3 You must take reasonable care of your own health and safety and must make sure that you behave in a safe manner at all times. You agree to observe any health and safety policies and procedures put in place by us at all times, and must ensure that your acts or omissions do not endanger the health and safety of any other persons
8.4 Be aware and respectful of the neighbours, particularly when using the Pinot Pit.
9.1 You shall vacate the property no later than 10am, unless agreed to prior
9.2 Late check out is subject to availability and there may be a cost equivalent to 50% of one night’s accommodation rate
9.3 Accounts must be settled in full prior to departure.
10.1 Your personal effects are not insured by us. You are responsible for all personal items you bring to The Property and for any loss or damage to such items
10.2 All facilities and any activities you participate in will be at your own risk. We do not accept any responsibility for injury or loss suffered
10.3 Children must be supervised at all times by a parent or responsible adult
10.4 We do not and will not make any representations or give any express or implied warranties of any kind in relation to The Property.
11.1 If a dispute arises between you and us, we will use our reasonable endeavours to obtain resolution of the dispute by discussion between all concerned parties. If that process does not result in resolution of the dispute, then the dispute may be referred by any of the parties to the New Zealand Disputes Tribunal. A dispute does not excuse any party from performing its obligations under these Terms and Conditions.